What is IVF?
IVF stands for In-Vitro-Fertilization. A couple visits the infertility clinic in Ludhiana when they are not able to conceive on their own. In such cases, IVF treatment has and continues to prove the best fertility treatment. When you visit the best IVF Centre in Punjab, the doctor will suggest the best treatment plan depending on your condition.
It’s not just about the success rate of the treatment but the IVF cost is affordable. On average, the IVF treatment cost around Rs 50,000. However, the actual price you will only come to know when you consult the doctor.
What is the IVF procedure?
During IVF, the woman is given fertility hormones that help to stimulate the ovaries and this produces several eggs. Following that both egg and sperm are kept together in a controlled environment. In case, the male partner has issues with the sperm then they are suggested to get the treatment through the donor sperm.
Once the fertilization happens then the embryos are developed for around 2 to 6 days. During this, the embryologist is going to choose the healthy embryo, and later it is transferred to the women’s womb. After that, you need to wait for 2 weeks to see whether the pregnancy has occurred or not.
In case, there is more than one embryo of good quality then the doctor will suggest you get it frozen for future use.
Who is suggested to undergo IVF treatment?
- Women with damaged or blocked fallopian tube
- Women problem ovulating and other treatments have not proven successful
- Older women who cannot have the success chances with less invasive treatment.
- People using surrogacy
- People with unexplained fertility problems have tried to get other treatments but failed.
Is IVF treatment safe?
YES, YES, and YES!
The IVF treatment is safe and if you are not having any major problem with your overall health then the doctor will give you the green signal. Although, there is some risk that might occur during the treatment and your doctor will also tell you about the same like:
- Ovarian hyperstimulation Syndrome (Severe reactions which occur when you take the fertility medications)
- Severe health issues can occur to pregnant women and infants.
- Some of the rare birth effects, although proper research is not done on this topic.
- In the past, you have faced multiple miscarriages which can create a problem.
How much time does IVF treatment take?
Before the treatment starts, the doctor is going to ask you to get certain tests to have a better look at your condition. For this, you need to take out your proper time and prepare accordingly. In case, you have any doubt or having a problem with something then you need to clear the same with the doctor.
Schedule the Initial appointment
If you are having trouble conceiving from the last year or so, then make sure that you consult the doctor at the earliest.