Food options for dialysis patients
When it comes to eating food for kidney patients, they often get confused about what they should have and avoid. You need to consult the doctor at the best Kidney Hospital in Punjab and get a better understanding of what you should do. When you consult the best Urologist in Ludhiana, he is going to suggest you limit the following things:
Table salt needs to be limited when you have kidney disease. Make sure that you consume only 200 grams of sodium in one day.
Your potassium intake should not be more than 2000 grams in one day.
Phosphorus is also not good for your health and makes sure that you do not consume more than 800 mg to 1000 mg in one day.
What should be the diet for patients getting hemodialysis?
It is important to make changes in your diet and for that, it is better that you consult the doctor. Here’s what you need to do:
- Include food rich in protein.
- Include food which has low sodium value and is high in phosphorus
- Ask the doctor how much weather, coffee, tea, or other beverages you need to take
What should be the diet chart for a kidney patient?
|2 Egg White or ½ Cup Substitute of Egg||¾ Cup of Dal Fry||2 Pcs Cutlet (Vegetable)||3 Pcs – Idli Made of Corn|
|1 Idli (Made with Rice)||2 Naan or Roti||½ Cup of Pulao with Cranberry||1 Tbsp- Coriander Chutney|
|1 Tbsp of Butter (Unsalted)||½ Cup – Cauliflower & potato recipe with leached potatoes||½ Cup of Veggie Stir-Fry (Zucchini)||1 Cup of Cold Water|
|1 Tbsp of Coriander Chutney||½ Cup of Mixed Fruits (Grapes and pineapple, or any other thing||1 cup of lime soda|
|⅓ Cup of Sambar||¾ Cup of Salad, including Spinach, Mint, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Lettuce, Cilantro, Lemon, and Olive Oil||1 Pcs. Peach Pie|
|½ Cup of Tea||1 Cup of Tea with non-dairy creamer|
|½ Cup Cream of Wheat|
|½ Tbsp Sugar|
|¼ Cup of Creamer (Non-dairy)|
What are food options for kidney patients?
- You should have cauliflower as it is filled with Vitamin C, B, and K. In addition, it even has anti-inflammatory properties which are what your body needs the most.
- Blueberries contain multiple antioxidants and nutrients which can help with many health issues like cancer, heart problems, and diabetes.
- Egg whites are another great choice to make your body have the right amount of protein.
- For the salt alternative, you can include garlic in your diet and this even helps to make the food tasty. Apart from the taste, it contains manganese, vitamin C, and Vitamin B6.
- Onions are a great choice to boost the taste and including these in your diet will help the body to get manganese and Vitamin B.
Talk to the Dietitian
The food you drink and eat will impact the kidneys. It is better that you talk to the doctor about what is best for you. Depending on your condition you will be told what is right for your condition.