Guest post has become an integral part of the blogosphere. Authors and blog owners find themselves sometimes occupied with other activities that they find it difficult to update their blog sites. Whether you have something important to do or not, your readers would still visit your site, expecting to find something new and different from your previous write ups.
You cannot expect them to remain hungry for your content and there is nobody to satisfy their hunger. When they keep coming as usual and there is no update, the tendency is for them to become discouraged and go elsewhere.
Blogging has become part of your life. You earn a living from it; you derive satisfaction and joy from it. You are happier when people find an answer to their begging questions on your blog. How then would you feel knowing that someone just deserted your blog for good simply because you got busy with other things and forgot to update your blog?
There must be someone ready to fill the vacuum created by your unavoidable absence – someone who would make the blog active while you are away. There must be fresh content for your readers, whether you are present or not. Here is where guest blogging comes in.
What does it mean to guest post?
Guest post is simply a situation whereby a blog owner asks for people to come and post to his blogsite. This would enable him have enough fresh content at all times if he is alone cannot keep the blog updated for his teeming readers. It also avails him some time to attend to other pressing issues.
It could also be a situation where an individual (Guest blogger) with a blog/website somewhere approaches a blog owner to allow him send in a post he has written to be published on the person’s (blog owner’s) site. This would enable him (the guest blogger) to get a backlink to his own website or blog. The benefit to the guest blogger is that it increases his site’s popularity and eventually lead to increase pagerank (especially if from authority site).
Where can you find guest bloggers?
If you need a guest post, there are sites where you can get some people to do that for you.
1. Bloggerlinkup: This site is one of the best sites to get guest bloggers on the internet. It has huge traffic and an avalanche of authors in different niche areas. Here you can get people providing guest post, freebies, blog contest, etc. You find people offering their services to blog owners and you also find people offering their blogs to receive such services.
The rule of thumb here is that nobody should demand money for whatever service he/she is offering or receiving. So it is a nice place to get free guest posts.
The site was created on 7th of April 2009 to help bloggers to meet up with updating their sites; and also for guest bloggers to have a place to get genuine backlinks to their sites. The site owner, Cathy Stucker, sends out requests to all members daily as such requests come in and ensure they are promptly responded to.
2. Myblogguest: This site works very much like bloggerlinkup. Publishers make requests for guest bloggers and guest bloggers also ask to be given opportunity to write for blogs. Services are free.
There are periodic contests here and authors are rated by fellow authors and readers. After publishing the guest post sent to you, you provide the URL to the forum where it is rated by everyone.
This site was created on 12th of September 2009 and is owned by Ann Smarty who makes sure decency is the watchword here and that nobody fraudulently collects any form of money from anyone.
3. Guestr: This site is relatively young compared to the aforementioned ones. Traffic here is not as heavy as in the first two mentioned earlier. Competition is also not as tough here. However, the site is worth trying out. It was created on 26/01/2011. Services are free.
4. Guestpostexchange: This site is also relatively young and not as competitive as bloggerlinkup and Myblogguest. Nevertheless, you get fair traffic from here and a fair number of people presenting their free services. The site was created on 22nd Feb. 2011
5. LTR magazine– tech blog and news magazine for reviews. Latest technical reviews of gadgets, technology, movies, software, electronics, trending news, more.
What is LTR Magazine all about?
It is a Tech Blog For Reviews, Car Tech, New Technology, Best Buy Deals, Black Friday Deals, Cyber Monday Deals and Free/Paid Guest Blogging.
( Latest Technical Reviews).
Our Tech Reviews tells you what’s new in technology, gadgets, science, movies, automobiles, why it matters, how it works and what you need.
Reviews on our website are genuinely written by LTR magazine team or Guest blogger from across the globe. You can start writing reviews here for FREE/PAID GUEST BLOGGING, both options are available.
You do not need to lose your sleep over getting fresh content for your blog anymore. There are a lot of people out there waiting to be given the opportunity to help provide highly informative articles for your teeming readers. All you have to do is give them the chance to help you out.
Do you think guest posting should be encouraged? If not, why do you think they should not be allowed?
Do you know of any other better ways to provide fresh content for blogs and websites?
Kindly share your opinions with us.